It’s summertime, so you know what that means; beaches, sun, fun, and more beaches! Are you still trying to get the perfect bikini body? Even though its already bikini season, it is not too late! Here is a low carb diet that surprisingly works! You may be a little confused by what it requires, but others have experienced great results from this diet!
Bikini Body Low Carb Diet Plan:
For the first 2 weeks of this diet plan, you are allowed up to 22g net carbs per day. ‘Net’ means you subtract fiber from the total amount of carbs listed on a nutrition label because fiber is not digested like a regular carb. For example, if a bell pepper has 6g carbs and 2 of those are fiber, then it has 4g net carbs. With that being said, regardless of the amount of carbs, this is a list of food and ingredients you must avoid:
SUGAR: Brown, white, pop (soda), fruit, candy, gum (unless its sugar-free) , juice, punch, pastries, pies, cakes. BASICALLY anything sweet that isn’t diet
PASTA: Macaroni, spaghetti, lasagna etc..
RICE: No rice
STARCHES: No potatoes, chips, no white vegetables ( i.e. cauliflower). No vegetables that aren’t green with the exception of carrots in small amounts and tomatoes. Onions can also be consumed in small amounts as in a few cut up pieces in an omelet. Corn
BREADS: No breads, white, wheat, Italian, potato, buns, crackers, muffins, biscuits, bagels, etc.
Here are some allowable foods.
MEATS: Non-breaded chicken, turkey, beef, pork, bacon, fish. Sausages and other processed meats are allowed but check label for carb content (remember under 22g per day). Eggs are allowed also.
FATS: This diet DOES NOT restrict fat consumption. Within reason, consume butter, oil, cheese, pork skins, cream, sour cream, mayo, and dressings, (check label b/c certain ranches have a lot of sugar).
VEGGIES: All green veggies, pickles, tomatoes in moderate amounts, onions, peas, corn and carrots in small amounts
CONDIMENTS: (please include carb amounts of condiments into daily total) Mustard, mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, BBQ sauces and relish (small amounts, pay attention to sugar amounts)
Things to remember:
- NO NUTS OR BEANS OF ANY KIND
- YOU HAVE TO INCORPORATE VEGETABLES EVERY DAY TO REMAIN HEALTHY
- YOU HAVE TO DRINK TONS OF WATER
- IT WOULD HELP TO TAKE ONE A DAY VITAMINS
Here are some meal and snack suggestions:
- Omelettes ( with onion, tomato, bell pepper, and your favorite meat or combination of meats)
- Eggs with bacon or sausage
- Ranch, caesar, or Italian salads, without croutons
- Broccoli and cheese
- Pork rinds
- Meat and veggies in any combination
- Mexican salads ( meat, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, corn (extreme small amounts),
- Stir fry without rice or noodles
- Veggies and dip
- Chicken marsala or in any sauce without a starchy side and as long as it isn’t breaded or dredged in flower
- Patty melts without the bun
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce
While on this diet, it is important to exercise daily or every other day. Even if you do a simple at-home workout, make sure you’re getting that heart pumping and that body moving! Not only will you feel great, but you will look great. Bikinis, here we come!
Michaela C., Associate Editor