Green tea is most commonly prepared as soothing beverage, but it can also be used as a refreshing face rise.
Known for its high concentration of antioxidants called polyphenols, green tea is a potent liquid that helps to fight against free radicals. Free radicals are “damaging compounds in the body that change cells, damage DNA and even cause cell death,” According to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
However, green tea is also believed to have anti-aging and skin cell rejuvenation qualities. So, it can be used topically as a gentle and organic facial cleanser and toner that will help keep your skin clearer.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Boil a pot of water and let a green tea bag steep inside of it.
- Once the tea has been made, set it to the side and let it cool off.
- While your tea is cooling, wash your face with your usual face wash to open your pores up.
- After you’ve washed your face check the temperature of your tea. If it is cool enough, pour some into your hands and splash it onto your face (similar to how you would do with water).
- When you have used all of the tea up, go back and rise your face with a little cool water.
- Dry your face and moisturize like normal.
After a few times of doing this, you should start to see a change in the way your skin looks. Give it a try!
By: Raven Schley